Thursday, August 26, 2004

Livin' Japanese Style

The following pics are of my new abode. I'm on the second floor of the apartment building, with 1 set of neighbours next to me. I met them once, and I haven't seen them since. When I first stepped into the apartment, I had my shoes on and I walked into the kitchen. Amano-san, my supervisor almost had a heart attack: "Oh Aimee! In Japan you take your shoes off at the door!!!" I quickly corrected myself. Now I am in the habit of it... even when I am coming through the door with my arms full of groceries I take my shoes off before entering. Afterall, when in Japan... do as the Japanese do...

1 Comments:

Blogger Masako said...

This is a typical cultural conundrum.I hope you'll soon fit in the way in Japan.I am sure that you'll find it more comfortable to stretch yourself without shoes in the room.
Btw,photos are very beautiful.I like them.

August 27, 2004 at 4:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home