Wednesday, January 12, 2005

All Is Well...

Okay, I know it has been FAR too long since I have posted, but I have my reasons.
1. December was a crazy month because of the stress of my application to York U.
2. I was stressed out from school, and anxious to start my Christmas holidays
3. I was on a 3 week vacation in South East Asia.

South East Asia... yes. I am alive and I was NOT in Thailand when the tsunami hit. I was in Cambodia - and safe. It was a good shock to the system for everyone though, and I apologize for blipping off the map. Thanks to everyone that wrote me concerned emails or called my parents.

I could try to write a book about my travels, but I would be here all day and who likes to read long entries anyways... I am in the midst of trying to learn how to use the scanner at school so that you can see some images.

For the meantime, here is a brief list of highlights

- Christmas Day in Saigon getting a massage at the institute for the blind
- Seeing how silk was made in the mountains of Vietnam
- Drinking too much rum on the warm beach of Mui Nai, Vietnam
- Falling off my motorbike (into sand! I am okay!)
- Riding across Vietnam on the back of a motorcyle with the "Easy Riders"
- Seeing Angkor Wat and chilling out with monks
- Seeng an elephant walk down the street in Phnom Penh on it`s way home from work
- Getting an INCREDIBLE massage on the beach
- Fishing and Snorkling in the warm ocean in Thailand
- Nightswimming in the ocean with new friends
- Pad Thai, dragon fruit, and oramnatams (sp?)
- The market in Bangkok
-Boatride at sunset
- Meeting tons of children

Anyways... that is just a brief list. There is so much more... Fingers crossed I learn how to use this scanner.
Happy New Year!

2 Comments:

Blogger Natalie said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

January 13, 2005 at 10:35 AM  
Blogger Natalie said...

SO good to hear that you're okay! And it's good to hear that you found an awesome way to spend Christmas. I was wondering how you'd be managing. (I don't know that I would have managed half as well!)

Miss you lots!

January 13, 2005 at 10:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home